Saturday, December 07, 2013

Last Night I Found Time-Machine

It's weird how some people can appear from our pasts in our dreams. Even those who technically don't even exist anymore. And it all seems so real. Even the person who whee-lied off of a 2-story high structure on a small tractor only to bounce off the dirt like somebody doing  a BMX bike trick of Tigger from Winnie the Poo. Boing, boing, boing. 

I enjoyed seeing the familiar faces again of people I once considered family after all they did take me in as their own; they and a few others. I cannot ever forget that. I've had a lot of love shown to me over the years. Perhaps this was the reason for this dream? Maybe now I am suppose to reach out to them? At least with a holiday card or a FB poke.

It was all in my imagination and I created a very cool Flea Market / Expo where there were little dress shops all sorted by decade: 20's-00's. I was looking at all the sequined items from the 80's along with some odd looking white pointed boots. There were a lot of bridal parties also scouring for maid of honor dresses.

I saw an indoor massage parlor (one of my friends said she wanted to work there, no idea why), lot's of outside vendors selling knick-knacks and bric–a–brac, etc. and a decent band performing. The singer reminded me of Selena. Not Selena Gomez but Selena Quintanilla-Pérez, the beautiful Latina singer who was ruthlessly killed in 1995. The band was entertaining. Of course I put on my booking hat and tried to find out who was hiring bands to play there in hopes of booking my own. I asked around a bit but could not get a straight answer. 

I moved on to the indoor arena where most of the action was. There was a fighting ring with people standing around shouting and yelling. It was where all the men were while the ladies poured through the shops. Though I've never been to a live professional fight, I have seen many unprofessional street fights back in my school days (have been in a few myself) as well as have seen some on TV. Nothing would've prepared me for this one though.  I moved my way along the parameter to get a better look while trying to stay out of people's way. These guys were very pumped up and full of testosterone. 

Out of nowhere, the fighters came off the stage and were fighting right next to me! I ducked and dodged as they swung in my direction. Their reach was so much more exaggerated than it should have been. Their arms flew out at least 10 ft in any direction. The excited crowd moved away to avoid being hit as the punches flew.  

In my dream, I found Aaron and told him about what happened. I woke up to him sleeping next to me. He always tells me to write down my dreams so here I am. Sweet dreams.

No comments: