Monday, June 14, 2010

Recent Shows

What a strange and wonderful few weeks it has been! First we played at the Black Cat Bar and Grill in Penngrove to a few close friends and staff joined by our friend "BOXX". Then last week we had a great experience playing as a band at The Russian River Brewing Company in Santa Rosa, CA. The patrons and staff were very friendly and the sound guy, Jonathon was great. We made a lot of new friends there :) It was packed full of people partly due to the street festival happening there downtown right before we went on and partly because it is just a happening spot. I've never seen so many people walking around downtown before. The weather was perfect and there must have been 300+ people there wandering in and out, sitting at tables, the bar or dancing. So, young man at the Dixon Farmer's Market I performed at the week before, to answer the question you asked (is my band famous?), and according to your definition of famous as being known by at least 150 people, yes, The Amber Snider Band is quite famous :) I was told we were even mentioned on the local radio station, KRSH in Santa Rosa which never hurts. We played at The Last Day Saloon in Santa Rosa a couple days later and had less of a crowd though we didn't mind too terribly because we were very happy to be playing there and hope to be back soon. We met some of Ram's friends that he has known for years; which was nice. They stayed for the whole show :) The next morning, I went to Vacaville to perform at the Farmer's market from 9a-noon. It was very warm and windy and reminded me of violent bathwater. I had to make sure that when I opened my mouth while singing, nothing flew in there on account of how windy it was. I barely had a voice that morning because I was so tired from singing at the top of my lungs the night before in Santa Rosa but I made it through. Thank you to everyone who threw a lit bit of change into my bucket, you bought me some fresh produce :) Later that Saturday night, Aaron and I went to San Francisco and played a benefit show for Rocket Dog Animal Rescue at El Rio. We opened for a singer-songwriter named Deborah Crooks and her band was very good. You can check out the video of that night below (I didn't turn my camera on when Aaron and I were playing though I could've sworn I did - oh poop). I also have some video from the Last Day Saloon, Silo's and The Black Cat to post. More soon....

No comments: